UPS Battery Short Circuit Reasons And Treatment Methods
For ups batteries, there are often several reasons for the internal battery short circuit:
1. The quality of the separator is not good or defective, so the active material of the plate passes through, resulting in virtual or direct contact between the positive and negative plates.
2. The separator is shifted, causing the positive and negative plates to be connected.
3. The active material on the plate expands and falls off. Due to the excessive deposition of the fallen active material, the lower edge or side edge of the positive and negative plates and the deposits are in contact with each other, causing the positive and negative plates to be connected.
4. The conductive object falls into the UPS power supply battery, causing the positive and negative plates to be connected.
5. The "lead current" formed during the welding of the pole group is not completely removed, or there are "lead beans" between the positive and negative plates during assembly, and the separator is damaged during the charging and discharging process, causing the positive and negative plates to be connected.
In order to avoid the internal short circuit problem of the UPS battery, it is usually possible to reduce the charging current, reduce the charging voltage, and check whether the safety valve body is blocked. Periodically charge and discharge. The floating charge voltage and discharge voltage of lead-acid batteries in the UPS power supply battery system has been debugged to the rated value before leaving the factory, and the discharge current increases with the increase of the load. The load should be adjusted reasonably during use. For example, control the number of electronic equipment such as computers.
In addition, when installing lead-acid batteries, the tools that should be used should take insulation measures. When wiring, the electrical appliances other than the battery should be connected first. After inspection, there is no short circuit, and finally, the battery should be connected. The wiring specifications should be well insulated to prevent overlapping damage. pressure to rupture.