AGM lead-acid battery charging operation specification!
One,Visual inspection and confirmation of AGM battery before recharging
1. Check whether the battery has a cracked shell or obvious acid leakage;
2. Check whether the positive and negative poles of the battery are broken;
3. Whether the vent is blocked;
Note: If any of the above phenomena exists, the battery will not be supplemented. Before recharging, clean the positive and negative poles to remove the oxide scale on the surface. After supplementing the electricity, apply butter on the pole to prevent the occurrence of electrical corrosion.
Two,Matters needing attention when charging
1. Wear safety glasses, protective gloves and protective clothing.
2. Keep the environment ventilated when charging, and charge at room temperature.
3. Smoking is strictly prohibited when charging, and the introduction of fire is avoided.
4. Connect the battery first , and then turn on the charger. Reverse connection is strictly prohibited.
Three, charging specifications
1. Connect the positive pole of the charger to the positive pole of the battery , and connect the negative pole of the charger to the negative pole of the battery .
2. AGM battery charging method must adopt constant voltage and current limiting charging method.
3. Under the environment of 25℃±10℃, it is recommended to use a constant voltage of 14.4±0.1V (exceeding this limit will not only cause accelerated water loss, but also cause accelerated corrosion of the positive grid, shorten battery life, or even scrap), current limit 0.1~0.15 C20A (maximum not more than 14.0 A, exceeds this limit, the internal temperature rose rapidly, easily thermal runaway, severe deformation of the casing, split up), the charger for the battery charge until the charge current <0.5A, but remained 2-3 hours No change.
4. AGM batteries have strict requirements on charging voltage and current, so ordinary flooded battery chargers cannot be used. Smart chargers or special chargers for AGM batteries that can achieve accurate voltage or current limiting must be used. AGM battery charger models include FMC-2420 digital smart charger and YH212-J lead-acid battery fully automatic smart charger.
5. When charging, a charger and battery must be used for one-to-one charging, and multiple charging in series is not allowed.
6. For batteries with battery voltage lower than 11.0V, the battery may not be charged in the initial stage of recharging . Because the battery is seriously depleted , the proportion of sulfuric acid in the battery is close to pure water, and the battery has a large internal resistance. In this case the charging current may reduce or replace with a larger power of the charger or the use of another parallel method of charging the battery, as the battery is charged, the battery specific gravity of the sulfuric acid rises, the battery charging current can gradually return to normal.
7. The charging environment temperature is recommended to be in the range of 5℃～40℃. Please do not charge when it is lower than 5℃ or higher than 40℃. If the outer wall of the battery feels significantly hot or higher than 45℃ during the charging process, stop charging immediately. After the battery temperature drops to room temperature, the charging current is halved and the charging continues.
8. The voltage of the battery that has just finished charging may be above 13V. This is a virtual power. The virtual power will disappear after standing for 24 hours or several times.
9. After the supplementary power is completed and the test is qualified, it is recommended to apply butter on the pole to prevent electrical corrosion.
10. The detailed usage method of the charger strictly follows the instruction manual of the charger.